Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eagles and Ants...




What two artists personify 80s music better than Don Henley and Adam Ant? Not many, really.
And I'm reminded of this every Friday night. Yes, I'm much older, and yes, there's much more music to choose from these days, but still, I just can't seem to shake it.
I used to live for Friday nights when I was in high school. The school week over, the weekend beginning...beautiful.
Friday night football games were a gas--I know I shared this in an earlier post, but, my buddy Duane and I rode to every home football game together my senior year...in MY car. That meant that we listened to MY music. I'll admit it, I was an Adam and the Ants freak. I made him listen to "Stand and Deliver" and "Scorpio" at least a million times. I don't think Duane ever appreciated the Ants quite as much as I did, but he never complained.
But we both agreed on some Don Henley. How could you not dig on "Dirty Laundry?" That song is AWESOME. I liked it even BEFORE I got into TV news. But of course ever since, I make it REQUIRED LISTENING for every intern I happen to work with.
The only reason I bring up my high school music habits are that I still travel to high school football games every Friday. Granted, I mostly fly these days (in SKYNEWS9 HD--how cool is that), but I drove to a couple last week. I found myself turning off the satellite radio and cranking up some old AC/DC. It just seemed to make sense.
Too bad SIRIUS XM doesn't have an Adam and the Ants channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment