Saturday, December 19, 2009

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!



This has got to be my FAVORITE Christmas movie of all time...or pretty darn close. Sure, there are others that I dig a whole lot, but this one has a special spot. Don't know why exactly, probably because it's so QUOTABLE.

Seriously, how many times have you said to someone "I TRIPLE-DOG-DARE YA..." or "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT..." Classic...beautiful.

Guys love to quote movies. Forget the fact that we never get them quite right. As long as the general thought is there, we can forgive another dude's memory lapses. I've had 20-minute long conversations with other dudes where all we did was quote movies. "Office Space," "Tombstone,"and " Anchorman" are favorites. Oh, and I can't leave out "Raising Arizona."

But back to "A Christmas Story." How many of you saw the story on CNN the other day where a teacher called 911 because some kid stuck his tongue to the flagpole? I almost fell out of my chair at work when I saw that. Like I said, classic.

And everytime I see a mall Santa, I can't help but think of this. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment