Friday, September 25, 2009

May the FORCE Be With You...




Luke Skywalker is 58 years old! Whoa...now I feel REALLY old. Anybody else?


I saw "Star Wars" with my friend Scott at the Northpark Mall Theater in the summer of '77. We sat in the front row, BLOWN AWAY by Industrial Light and Magic's special effects. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Princess Leia wasn't as hot in the original movie as in "Return of the Jedi," but pretty cute nonetheless.


And...


Is it just me, or is there anyone else who sees the Star Wars "prequels" as LAME? I'm a George Lucas fan, but those three new films just leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. CGI is great, don't get me wrong, but the original three had, and still have a certain TEXTURE that's totally missing in the "prequels." And it's that texture that makes them seem somewhat believable. And don't get me started on Jar Jar Binks...


I will admit that seeing Darth Vader come to life is PRETTY COOL though. It brings Vader to a whole new audience.


Wonder how old HE is? Gotta be more than 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment