Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OK...I'm back. Been gone for way too long. I could make excuses I guess, but who cares. Suffice it to say I had stuff that took priority. But hey, if I've got time to post on Facebook, I've got time for this blog, right?

Stuff over the past month or so:

Vacation with the family. Good time. The kids don't argue near as much as they used to...of course that could change. Visited Fin and Feather Resort near Lake Tenkiller. NOTE TO SELF: Find a way to buy a stinkin' boat! Can't really enjoy Oklahoma in the summertime without one.






I co-hosted the OKC portion of the MDA Telethon. That was a good time as well. Ed Murray couldn't do it this year, so Doug Warner and I helped out. Wow...it took TWO of us to step in his shoes. After doing it, I have a MUCH greater appreciation of the job that Ed has done with it over the years. Donations were down, but not much really. I actually am surprised at how well it went considering the economy and all. I've been around the MDA in Oklahoma and all the wonderful people involved with it for several years, dating back to 1987, my rookie year in television. There are some great pix posted on my FB page and the MDA OKC Facebook page.

Doug Warner has left KWTV for KSLA in Shreveport, LA. Too bad, we had a helluva time during the telethon, and always had good times when we worked together. We share the same affinity for old school rap and funk, believe it or not. Doug's a unique talent, hope the folks down in Shreveport will let him "do his thang."

High school football in Oklahoma is in full swing!!! Awesome. I'm flying with Mason Dunn and SKYNEWS9 HD every Friday this season. Pretty cool, huh? You can catch Friday Night Flights WEEK ONE HERE and WEEK TWO HERE.

And...

Kanye West...the guy's a tool, what more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment